Wednesday, June 24, 2009

WOW! Science Day

We had a very exciting science day today. There was lots of 'WOWs' throughout the day. All the Infant classes were mixed up, and then experienced four different science investigations, all based around the theme of water. There was lots of learning, lots of fun, and lots of mess!


Following the science, some of the children wrote recounts, and some wrote poetry.

Ryan, in Year 1, wrote a very detailed recount of the day, using lots of science words....

First I raced liquids down the board then I learnt a new word called viscous. Second I went to Blue class and went outside to blow bubbles and I learned if you make a square shape (wand), it still makes a sphere shape. Third I went to the tardis and I learnt a new word called vibration. Forth I went to Purple class and I learnt that salt and water melted the ice cubes.'

Leah in Year 1 wrote...

First I went to Purple class and we had a big ice cube and a little man was stuck in the ice and we had to pour water on the ice cube. Second we sorted some liquids and I learnt a new word and it is viscous. Third I went to Mrs Taylor and I learnt about music and we had to make a guitar. We went to Miss Proctor and we did bubbles.


Bubble, Bubble by Haydn
Bubbles popping, bubbles flying,
Beautiful colours on the bubbles,
Tiny bubbles, massive bubbles,
Floating in the air.
Pink, blue, purple, green,
Bubbles dropping to the ground.
Children spinning, children twirling,
Enormous bubbles everywhere.


Bubble, Bubble by Kirstie
Green, blue, pink, yellow, orange,
Bubbles all over the playground.
Enormous bubbles floating in the sky,
Tiny bubbles dropping to the ground,
Lovely reflections in the bubbles.
Children twirling, children spinning,
Children running everywhere.

Did you enjoy our Science day? Let us know if you have any ideas for the next one.
Miss Proctor

1 comment:

louise said...

i loved science day, i never knew science could be so fun! beautiful giant bubbles, saving little men from big ice cubes and racing liquid on a whiteboard,wow! these were just a few activities, everyone had a really good day