Monday, June 15, 2009

Bricklaying on the building site!

Year 2 visited the new school site today, and learnt how to build a brick wall! We had to dress up in a special jacket, hat, goggles and gloves... even the teachers! After the visit, we all wrote our thoughts on paper 'bricks', and made our own wall in the classroom.

"Today I went to visit the new school and it was brilliant!" Erin
I am looking forward to the new school being built. I think the new school will be amazing!" Bethany

"I can't wait until the new school is finished" Reece

"I think the new school will be excellent when it's built. I am looking forward to going back and doing some more bricklaying!" Owen

At the end of the visit, we watched the 'cherry-picker' raise some workmen into the air. We had to shout 'higher' and the louder we shouted the higher it went! Nearly as high as Redbridge Towers!

Miss Proctor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our new school looks brilliant!
They've started building with the bricks now.
When we visited i practised building with the bricks.
Eleigh blue/yellow class!